Hardware-Integrated, Intelligent Management
The WideBand Network Management Unit (nMU), pronounced “net MU”, is the hardware device that creates Intelligent, Secure, and High Availability WideBand 1.7 Networks. The nMU works in conjunction with WideBand Professional switches to provide critical network features including comprehensive cable and physical layer testing of every segment, network performance monitoring, automatic firmware updates, service and failure alerts, and routing interfaces. The built-in advanced firewall, also allows it to act as a gateway to WAN and Internet connections.
High Speed Network Products Made in USA
See WideBand’s US-based manufacturing facility. (5:24 min)
Use the nMU with WideBand Professional Switches to:
- Create a redundant, high-availability WideBand 1.7 Network
- Configure WideBand Switches into a Virtual Chassis
- Set up automated “watchmen” to email you when network problems or events occur
- Protect your network with the nMU’s advanced firewall and IP masquerading
- Test cabling links throughout your network
- Implement a network that updates switch firmware automatically
- Program management settings and set rules for departments
- Create separate user permissions for managing different departments on the network
- Separate network traffic into segments
- Take advantage of port stats in pinpointing network issues
The “brain” of a WideBand Network is the nMU. It is like having an engineering team in a box. Just a 1% error rate on a network segment reduces usable bandwidth by 80%. The nMU constantly monitors the network to identify and eliminate trouble spots and to keep data flowing.
Using all gigabit-copper switches with the Professional Media Converters helps avoid the extra cost of unneeded fiber ports. The Media Converters can be shared throughout the rack so that fiber can be deployed wherever it is needed by simply patching over to it.
Designed and Manufactured in the USA
WideBand Professional Series switches are designed and manufactured in the United States by WideBand Corporation. This allows a uniquely high level of quality control that shows in the dependability of the products.
IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3ad
1 – LAN 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port
1 – WAN 10/100 Ethernet Port
Maintenance Console Ports: USB, VGA, Keyboard, Mouse, Serial
10 Mbps: Category 3 or Greater, 100 Mbps and 1000 Mbps: Category 5 or Greater
Browser-based User Interface
19.0 x 7.3 x 4.3 inch (2U, fits 19” rack) approx. 8.6 lbs
1-year; 3-year Support Package available
Notice: Specifications in this document are subject to change without notice.
Professional Series Network Management Units:
WideBand Network Management Unit (nMU) – Manages up to 128 switches
Part # WBNMUPRO
WideBand Slave Network Management Unit (nMU-S) – Manages up to 64 switches
Part # WBNMUPRO-S
WBNMUPRO-S3 / 3-year Support Package for WBNMUPRO
WBNMUPRO-S-S3 / 3-year Support Package for WBNMUPRO-S