Network Latency Under 100 Nanoseconds
The WideBand Nano-latency Concentrator, based on patented WideBand Low Latency Networking (WLLN) technology, is the premiere connection fabric for high performance data centers and demanding lab environments where response times are crucial. With port-to-port latency under 100 nanoseconds, organizations can greatly reduce the overall latency of the network by replacing network switches with Nano-Latency Concentrators.
The Concentrator goes beyond the ultra-low latency category to the sub-100-nanosecond realm of “nano-latency”. With less than 100ns port-to-port FIFO latency and very low jitter, Concentrators are the preferred solution for latency sensitive applications.
With 10 Gigabits per second of bidirectional throughput available to all nodes, the Concentrator is an ideal top-of-rack (TOR) switch replacement for data-intensive and streaming media applications in high performance data center and lab networks.
With auto-detection ports and an open network architecture, the Concentrator provides an extremely easy setup and is ideal for quick implementations and fast changing environments. This ease of use greatly reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) since little or no configuration, management, or training are required in order to operate with optimal performance.
The ultra-low latency and innovative design of the Concentrator allows additional Concentrators to be connected for more ports or to act as repeaters to cover long distances, all while maintaining very low latency.
WideBand Nano-latency application areas include:
- Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) test lab environments
- Simulation for flight, driving, and combat training
- Multi-node battlefield communication systems
- High performance cluster computing (HPC) environments such as digital content distribution
- Digital video surveillance with processing such as facial recognition
- Signal processing
- Scientific research
- High Frequency Trading
- Network monitoring and packet sniffing
Building a 10GbE Network Fabric
– 552 Usable Ports
Using 25 of the 24-port 10 Gigabit Concentrators, it is possible to create a 600-port, nano-latency network fabric with 552 available ports. Additional Concentrators can be added with minimal latency. Each of these SFP+ ports can be connected with copper or fiber using standard 10GBASE-R cables and modules.
– Sub-100 nanoseconds
– 10 Gigabits per second
– 1 RU 19″ rack mountable
– Dimensions: 1.73″ x 8.75″ x 22.44″ (4.4cm x 22.23cm x 57cm)
– Weight: 5.4 lbs (2.45 kg)
– Airflow: Front-to-Rear
– 10 GbE SFP+ Passive / Active Copper or Fiber
– 10GBASE-CR – Direct attach copper
– 9216 Bytes
– IEEE 802.3x PAUSE frames
– Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
– Relative humidity: 5 to 85 percent, Non-condensing
– Max Operating Altitude: 10,000 ft (3000m)
Management and Administration
– 1 Type-B USB Management port
Support and Service
– In addition to a standard one-year warranty, WideBand offers a proactive support service called Gold Support. This ongoing coverage also provides assistance to help organizations get the most out of WideBand network deployments.
Professional Series Concentrators:
WideBand 8-port Nano-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ Concentrator
Part # WBNC1008
WideBand 24-port Nano-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ Concentrator
Part # WBNC1024
PCIe SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet Server Adapter
SFP+ Direct-Attach Copper Cables
WideBand Concentrators are also compatible with most standards-based SFP+ cables and fiber modules from variety of manufacturers and brands.
NOTICE: This material is based upon work supported by the Army Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Program Office under Contract No. W31P4Q-12-P-0102. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Army Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Program Office. These specifications are subject to change without notice. About WideBand US Army Research and Development Contracts